Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Back to Back

Mikey woke up with back pains this morning and has been icing and hobbling all day. He has been working uber-overtime hours on his latest game and the two seem to go hand in hand. When he's really in the groove, he forgets to take breaks and wander around. Of course, the fact that he is sitting at the computer playing UT might explain it some too.

At the same time, I seem to have tweaked my back a tiny bit. It just aches from time to time, especially when I stretch it the wrong way. Recently, my stomach healed enough for me to start sleeping on it again and I think that has something to do with it. Or perhaps the new feline I have to negotiate around.

We'll both heal, I'm sure, but it always reminds me of what a dear friend once told me. When he heard that Mikey had back problems (this was back when we were just dating), he warned me that he would probably, eventually lose his mind. "That's what happens when you become bed-ridden." He was worried that I was setting myself up for having to take care of a crazy, crippled guy. Hee hee. Still makes me laugh.

No comments: