Tuesday, June 15, 2004

A Little Egg on My...Hair?

We had a great time at school this morning. From 9:30 - 11:00, all of the 3rd - 5th grade students were out on the field, demonstrating their ability to roll tires, race in sacks, toss water balloons, and scream louder than anything I have ever heard in my life. I made a flag for my class, which we waved proudly throughout the competitions. We shouted encouragement and praise as loudly as we could. "Be strong. Be pumped. Be good sports." Although we didn't win many competitions, we did have fun. The part my students liked best was during the "surprise" egg toss. This is a teacher/student event, so I was part of it. Things were going along very well until a neighboring teacher broke her egg. Directly above my head. I still managed to catch our egg as I was shuddering at the feel of raw egg dripping down my neck. Ugh. In fact, I am going to go shower right now to get the last remaining egg out. At least I've heard that egg is a good conditioner.

No comments: