Sunday, February 05, 2006

Adios Mi Amigo

My little red car, the car that brought me home from college so faithfully, the car that moved my belongings safely to California, the car that worked without a single complaint for over 5 years, is now part of a new family. She is now the errand car for a family of 10. They travel in a large van when they go together, but now Mom can drive a more efficient car when she runs to the grocery store. They were so excited about the spacious trunk (esp. with the back seats folded down) and the 35 miles to the gallon. I'm sad to see that little car go - you never want to give up a well-behaved car* - but I am glad that she's going to a good home where she will get to feel like the "sporty" vehicle. :) Go in Peace, little red car. Drive safely.

*It's especially hard to give up a well behaved car when you don't know what kind of manners your new car has. The Jetta and I are still getting aquainted. BTW - the notorized lein release arrived in the mail today. Tomorrow the Jetta and I are taking a second trip to the DMV. Wish us all kinds of registration luck!

No comments: