Friday, December 05, 2003

the Angels and the Devils within

I am torn between being absolutely amazed at the amount of work I am getting done with my class and wanting to throttle them because of the stupid choices they have been making lately. On the one hand, they are definitely keeping up with the speed of 4th and 5th grade much better. I was whipping through some instructions the other day and I told them how proud I was that they were keeping up with me. At the beginning of the year, their poor little brains would have melted. But on the other hand, they are driving me crazy with their non-stop talking and the rediculous questions (Should I put my name on this? THEY ARE STILL ASKING THAT QUESTION!!!!). I just have to stop, take a deep breath and remind myself that they are children. Unfortunately, at the same time I remember that these are the adults of 20 years from now. Egads. We've got our work cut out for us.


*Luckily, the CARE these children have for each other gives me hope despite my concerns.

No comments: