Saturday, December 13, 2003

Shhhhh...

I am as quiet as a mouse today. I managed to make it to the end of the week without calling in sick, but I am paying for it today. When I open my mouth, not a sound comes out! I wasn't much better yesterday, but there was enough there to get by. I had to resort to little kid methods of getting their attention tho - flickering the lights is a good one when you can't talk.

Every time I lose my voice at school I learn a particular lesson. Unfortunately, being the kind of person I am, I never manage to transfer that lesson to my healthy days. The lesson is this - if you speak softly, people get quieter so they can hear you. It is true. My normally incredibly loud class managed to hear me better yesterday when I could barely talk, than any other day that I am capable of raising my voice above the din of 32 other voices. Does this keep me quieter on regular days? No way! I am a loud person by nature and if my voice is there, I use it. And then they use their voices too. Ugh. Some people never learn.

Off to a dentist appointment. See ya later.

No comments: