Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Organized, Clean and Delicious

It's amazing how a little productivity can make a day slow down. I woke up this morning at about 9 feeling like the day was just RUSHING by. I think I was worried about my vacation days disappearing so quickly. Instead of just sitting wasting it, I decided to use all these free hours for something useful. What started as a quick washing of the dishes turned into a complete New Year's overhaul of the kitchen. I have a nice little pile of "goodwill stuff" forming in my living room and everything in the kitchen has been scrubbed and reorganized. I can open any cupboard in the whole room and be happy at the tidiness of it all. :)

Mikey has been at work too! He got some more of the icky caulking out of our big shower (yes, I know we have been working on that project for a long time - leave me alone!) and he has been cooking all day long. He is making what we hope will be a Black Bean Burger similar to the one served at Chili's. I have homemade Burger Buns in the oven and we have made a Strawberry Salsa to go on them. It tastes kind of like a strawberry daquiri. The burgers will be perfectly complimented by fries made in Mikey's new electric fryer. I can't wait for dinner! Yummy!

No comments: