Monday, March 21, 2005

Sad, but Fitting

I took Rojo to school today to find him a good home. One of the fifth grade teachers has a small tank in his room and I figured that it would be better to have him in something aerated as soon as possible. This tank had only one fish in it, but he was from a lake nearby. Perhaps I should have enquired into the species of fish, because Rojo didn't last the day. When I talked to the surrogate-owner this afternoon, I was told that the other fish had eaten Rojo partway through the day. The kids in that class, having heard the story of why he was in their tank, thought he had gotten what he deserved. I am inclined to agree that what goes around comes around, but I am still sad. As Mikey said, "I feel as though we failed him somehow." Perhaps if we had done an intervention...

No comments: