Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Visitor

My niece is in 1st grade. Her class is conducting a project where they send shadow tracings of themselves to friends and family with the hopes that they will have grand adventures and then return to school to tell about them. Flat Alexa arrived at my doorstep, suitcase in hand, two days ago. She has been an exemplary houseguest, although I would much prefer the real thing.

For her California adventures, FA took a trip to school yesterday. She had her picture taken with my whole class and made lots of new 4th grade friends. Today, she hung out at home while I worked, playing video games with Uncle Mikey. She also played with the cats. We took some pictures so she can show her friends back in MN how much fun she had.



FA has to be back to school by March 15, which leaves me wondering if I should risk sending her to someone else or just send her home. I think that I will call up my Grandma and see if she will be around for the next few days. I know that she would be sure to get her to the school on time.

I sure enjoyed having FA here. I just wish I could have the real Alexa here. I miss her bunches and I can't wait until she and her brother are old enough to travel by airplane on their own. They could come stay with me for a week in the summer and I wouldn't feel like they were growing up without me.

No comments: