Sunday, August 29, 2004

Great Galloping Guppies

My fishtank now contains 4 beautiful guppies, all male so I can avoid having a hundred guppy fry show up each month. Imagine - one hundred babies every month. Just the thought of it makes me tired. I was careful to get fish that all looked very different from each other so that we can be sure which one is which in the future. The kids are very excited about naming them and I suspect that will be the focus of our upcoming week. I think I will take nominations for a day and then we will vote on the final names. There is a white with orange trim, a speckled black with orange trim (my favorite), a white with yellow trim, and a white with belly spot and bluish trim. I have already noticed that the bluish one is the most voracious eater. Feel free to give name ideas...especially if there is a (thematic) set of four names that go well together.

No comments: