Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Woot

I love my job!

Today I got the final and most important ingredient for the perfect class. At 8:45, my students began streaming in, and by 9:00 am I was staring at a sea of shining 9 year old faces. All day long, I was dancing on air. I am pretty sure I have the best class in the whole freakin' school! :)

Other highlights for the day:

I got the fish tank up and running. After a couple days of filtration it will be ready for fish. The kids are excited at the prospect of naming them.

My room is lookin' good. There is color. There is fun. It is ready for learning.

The P.E. teacher brough my class back saying, "Wow! What a great class. They did great." That NEVER happened last year.

Several of my students from last year smiled and waved through the window as they walked past with their new teacher. I am a little sad to see them with another teacher, but mostly hopeful that they will have a great year.

And finally:
I have already had my heart broken. Everyone in my class had to answer a questionaire about themselves. For the question "What do you need a little help with?" (a place for them to tell if they struggle with their times tables or spelling or whatever), one of my students listed the following items:
1. a pencil
2. a backpack
3. close (clothes)

I wanted to cry. But I helped his brother last year. I can only hope that I can do the same for this little guy this year. Wish me luck.

No comments: