Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Checked Out

I am so DONE with this year. I know that we still have 4.666666666666 weeks left, but my brain has checked out. I don't want to do any more planning. I don't want to do any more morning duty. I don't want to problems solve, bandage, question, test, or clean up after anymore. I am finished encouraging, asking, begging, PLEADING with kids to give me just 5 more minutes of their attention. I am tired of competing with video games, cartoons, lunch breaks, and playground gossip every second of every minute of every hour of every day. I don't have any more patience or energy or creativity left. My soul is lying on some sun-drenched beach, soaking up the briny air and daydreaming. My heart is lounging in my lush, verdant back yard, whispering to flowers and trees and tomato seedlings. My mind is surfing the web, reading about people I have never met, creating wishlists that don't need to be fulfilled, and researching whatever vapid, fleeting interest it happens to have.

My body is plodding through the days until it can join them all.

No comments: