Monday, May 24, 2004

Happy Birthday...

TO ME! Cha-cha-cha!

Yep, it is that time of year again. Today marks the 26th anniversary of my arrival on this beautiful blue and green planet. It has been a wonderful day full of good cheer, well-behaved (at least mostly) children, meals eaten in the company of loved ones, and plans going more smoothly than hoped for.

My summer gardening this year is going to be heavenly. I have a new garden cart to use when hauling leaves and clippings to the new compost that my darling BUILT for me. I have a new pitchfork for turning the goodies in my compost into dirt. I have a new album to listen to while I am hard at work (although I have not had a chance to listen to it yet, the sender has always had impeccable taste in the past, so I am sure it will be wonderful). And I have a lovely new Kalanchoe which will most likely be an indoor plant, since a frosty night nearly killed off my other one.

My in-laws are coming soon to take me to dinner and my co-workers took me to lunch earlier. My students planned and presented a delightful talent show this afternoon, made up of a variety of acts (singing, acting, karate demonstrations, juggling, origami folding, as well as guitar, piano and Tumbi playing). The sun is shining. The grass is green. And I am as happy as a clam. At high tide. And that is pretty darn happy.

No comments: