Friday, May 14, 2004

Egads!

Where has this week gone? Here it is already Friday and I haven't even gotten unpacked because of the busy. Testing is going well (as well as it can, considering how evil and wrong it is, but that is another post)in my classroom. The kids have been working very hard (I truly think most of them are doing their best...not the overwhelming norm, unfortunately) and I have gotten lots of little things done in the 2 hours every morning that they are occupied with multiple choice questions designed to trick and confuse. (Oops...that other post is slipping in!)

It was also Teacher Appreciation Week at our school and I have been flooded with food and gifts and hugs and letters. This is the best week of the whole year, when you actually get tangible recognition for your efforts. For the rest of the year I am content to work for internal rewards...but a few external ones don't hurt now and again.

My house is a disaster area, although we did manage to get some dishes done last night. The laundry and my as yet unpacked suitcases are covering most of the bedroom floor. I suppose if I were to put the clean laundry away, I would have baskets to put the dirty laundry...but it seems like such a waste when I can just take things directly from the basket and skip all that dresser/closet crap. Hehe.

Tomorrow, my friend, mentor, and co-worker "C" is graduating from Grad school. She invited another co-worker and me to attend the ceremony (mostly because she wanted someone to run the video camera!) and I am thrilled to help her celebrate the hard work she has been doing. She is an amazing teacher and I hope that I can be 1/2 as good someday.

In other news, I have been studiously avoiding all news, since it is all depressing crap anyway. I have watched many episodes of Evangelion and Sopranos, as well as Super Troopers. I am happy (and a little ashamed) to say that I have pretty much ignored the real world and its troubles for the entire week. (I am "live in the now" kind of person these days. The future is too freakin' ugly.) Now I am off to sleep, perchance to dream, but more likely to just get rested up for a UberCleaning Day. Goodnight.

No comments: