Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Where am I??

An appropriate title for many reasons!

1. I know I have been gone for many moons. Okay, maybe just about a week, but it seems like longer. I took a breif trip to the beautiful Northwoods to help my mother go through boxes and boxes of Stuff. We have moved my Grandmother into assisted living and in order to sell her house, we had to clear it out. We spent most of Mother's Day weekend opening boxes that had been packed 10+ years ago, ooohing over the contents, and then making big piles of "Things to Keep", "Things to Throw", and "Things to Sell". Despite our best efforts, the "Things to Keep" pile took on a life of its own. I came home with twice as much luggage as I left with.

2. Today was my first blogging for nearly a week, as I mentioned before, and it seems that the Blogger folks have been hard at work. I hardly recognize the place. I will explore all my new options shortly. For now, I just hope that everything is working properly.

3. We are doing testing at school for the next 5 days. This week we are doing the CA testing and next week we are doing the National testing. Then a couple weeks from now, we have to do the district testing. Bleh. But my class has been hanging in there. They worked VERY hard this morning, with hardly a peep coming out of any of them. It was enough to make me wonder what had happened to the crazy kids I usually have.

All this is enough to leave me asking "Where am I?" like a head trauma victim. Only happier. For now, I am glad just to be able to say that I am HOME.

No comments: