Saturday, November 27, 2004

Head Shot

I have a sinus cold. It started the day before we left and it was on its way out until I pissed it off by going on an airplane ride. On the way back to solid ground, I seriously thought my head was going to explode, and I have been flipping between mouthbreathing because my nose is plugged and mouthbreathing because my nasel passages are so dried out that they feel like they are on fire for the last few days. It sucks.

I mentioned this to my coordinator on Friday and she said it snouldn't interfere with surgery plans unless I start having junk in my throat and lungs. So far, no sign of that. I have been doing lots of resting and sleeping and resting and dosing myself up with citrus drinks and ice water in hopes of getting rid of this thing before Monday, but I am starting to think it won't happen. The very last thing in the whole wide world that I want to experience is one of these body rattling sneezes after having a hole cut in my gut. OH, THE AGONY OF THAT.

No comments: