Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin' and Prayin'

It's election day. As I told my students, this is a particularly important election because NOBODY can confidently predict what is going to happen. Everyone has ideas, but that's all they are.

Mikey and I went out to vote this evening. I even came home right after school to do so. There was a line of about 10 people and we waited for about 15 minutes. No biggie. And since we had written up little cheat sheets with our votes for each proposition, it took us only a few minutes to finish up and earn our trip to Taco Bell.

I am proudly wearing my "I voted electronically" sticker on my shirt and we have had CNN on in the background all night (except for the couple minutes we turned to FOX for a laugh). In a couple minutes, we'll be riveted by Jon Stewart's Live Election Coverage.

Despite all this attention being paid to politics lately, I have NO IDEA what is going to happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'd like to be able to stay in this country.

No comments: