Wednesday, November 03, 2004

On A Jet Plane

Yeah...we're talking about leaving. At this point it is very general - maybe a new city, maybe a new state, maybe even a new country. But one thing is for sure...if this is the way the MAJORITY of citizens would like things to be, then I think I might be in the wrong place. Because I cannot relate to that. At all.

Places we have thought about:

Baja California - I have always wanted to live in Mexico. I think I could learn Spanish relatively easily and I like the laid back kind of life we could possibly have there.

North Carolina - Mikey has been toying with the idea of moving to a Red state and trying to make a difference. I pretty much nixed this one, saying that if we are moving states it is going to be to a place much closer to my family.

New Zealand - This would be a big change. Not sure how I feel about it.

Basically, my biggest concern about it is that I hate change and fear it with the most primitive of my brain cells. Unfortunately, it is likely that I will have to make a change when they open the new school nearby (lots of "our" students will be going there, drastically reducing our population). Another unavoidable change that is on the horizon is selling our house (we have an adjustable rate). I kinda figure that it will be better for me to make all these changes at once, rather than letting them sneak up on me one at a time. Might as well through in a major move at the same time, right? Well, maybe. We'll see how things go. Perhaps Bush and his crew will get overconfident and make that impeachable mistake I keep waiting for. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: