Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I don't know which is more terrifying...

- the conferences which turn into a mini-parenting class because the adults so obviously have no idea what they are doing,

"Well, I don't understand how he can be missing so much homework. I ask him if he has done his homework every night and he always says that he did. I just don't know what else to do."


- or the ones where the parents take copious notes and hang on my every words as though they think I might actually know what I am talking about.

It's downright scary how much control I have over the lives of 30 9-year-olds when I don't even trust myself with one fulltime. I eat popcorn and candy canes for dinner. I watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force and say bad words on a regular basis. I have photographic evidence that I let my kitten play in the dryer and with plastic bags. Yet they trust me to give them advice on how to raise their child. If these parents only knew! :)

No comments: