Saturday, November 27, 2004

Nothing But the Truth

After reading about MomBrain's truths, I had to do my own. I chose to explore the truth about donating a kidney (because that is the only thing I can think about these days).

The Apparent Truth (How does it look from the outside?) -- It looks heroic. I know this because that is what everyone has said. I have heard that I am an amazing, caring generous person multiple times a day for the last 2 months.

The Real Truth (What it is it really like for me, on the inside?) -- Thrilling. I am excited to be doing something different and special.

The Spirit Truth (If this were serving a spiritual purpose in your life, what would it be?) -- This is my way of trying to swing my karmic balance in the right direction. I know that this is the right thing to do and I am very happy that I am able to do something so beneficial to someone else. It has caused me to do lots of thinking about my faith and my beliefs.

The Shadow Truth (What is the dark side, the thing you don't want to admit you're getting from this?) -- Attention. I have been getting a lot of extra attention and although I can't say I don't enjoy it, I do feel guilty about it. It doesn't seem right somehow. But there it is.

The Fairy-Tale Truth (If this were in a fairy tale, known or unknown, what would it be?) -- Anything by Brothers Grimm. Those fairy tales always made me uncomfortable because of the graphic use of pain and fear. The Little Mermaid felt as though she were walking on broken glass. The children kept chicken bones around to fool the witch in the Gingerbread House into thinking they needed more fattening up. There are moments when I realize that someone is going to be slicing through my stomach muscles with a knife as I lay on the surgical table with a machine breathing for me. Shudder.

The Unsaid Truth (What remains to be said?) -- I am a blessed person. I have people in my life who will do anything to help me and I am eternally grateful for that. What more is there to say?

So, what is YOUR truth?

No comments: