Sunday, February 15, 2004

Hee Hee

I found a funny story in the comments of In Passing today. I have no idea if it is true, but never-the-less it is FUNNY. That poor teacher. Here goes...


Denis (Leary) also has a great bit where he talks about being called into a parent-teacher conference because his son was heard singing "an offensive song that included repetition of an extremely dirty word." Denis needled her, but she wouldn't tell him what word. Finally she said, "Mr. Leary, the song is called, 'I'm An Asshole.'" Denis laughed out loud. "Do you know this song, Mr. Leary?" "Know it? I wrote it!"


I wouldn't have had this problem. I know this song well and sing along heartily whenever I see Leary perform it on Comedy Central. I would have had a little chat with the Leary boy and that would have been the end of the story. Teachers have to be up on all the latest stuff! That way you can convince a child to get with the program by saying "That was SOOOooooo five minutes ago!" or explain what the European explorers were looking for by refering to it as "a little bling, bling". Nothing like pop culture to get kids attention in this era of soundbites and video clips!

No comments: