Sunday, February 22, 2004

This Is It!

Tomorrow will be the beginning of the end. I have finally been given a reprieve. As of March 1st, my fifth graders will be starting a new class with a new teacher. I will be a fourth grade teacher only. I will be doing ONE job instead of TWO! :)

I am really going to miss my fifth graders, though. They have been exceptionally understanding, cooperative, helpful, flexible and wonderful. They are going to really enjoy being in their own room with a teacher all to themselves, I think, and they totally deserve it.

I am glad that I am finally going to be able to focus on one curriculum and one group of students without feeling torn in two directions. I will no longer have the guilt that I am neglecting one group while working with the other. I won't have to feel guilty for relying on my coworkers so much. I won't have to feel like I am slighting everyone in an attempt to almost cover what each child needs.

The best part is that I am going to be setting a new rule for myself. I will be leaving school at 5:30 every afternoon, whether I am ready or not. I spend way too much time just hanging around at school and with only one curriculum to plan, there is no longer any excuse for it. I will get home before dark every day and have time to spend with my Mikey. I will have the energy to do more than just stare at the tv after I get home.

Thank you all for listening to me complain for the last couple of months and thank you for all your crossed fingers and lucky thoughts. Tomorrow starts the beginning of the end and I couldn't be more excited about it.

No comments: