Saturday, February 21, 2004

Round the -Sphere

What keeps me coming back to a blog? Mostly a sense that the author is openly and honestly sharing his or her thoughts. I am not a big fan of themed blogs ("all war-blogging, all the time" and "tech advice for the technically stupid" blogs are interesting now and then, but not as regular reads), but I adore the blogs that let me peek into other people's every day lives. I think my obsession is two-fold. First, I love to spy on people. I like to know what is going on behind closed doors, even when I don't even know where those doors are. Hitchcock's "Rear Window" was one of my favorite movies for a reason! Secondly, it is relieving to know that other people have the same troubles, wishes, fears, boredoms, etc. that I have. Knowing that I am not the only person facing the things I face makes facing them easier. But it's mostly the spying thing. :)

So I invite you to peek through my key-hole into the lives of some of my favorite neighbors...

defective yeti - This week, Matt is telling lightbulb jokes and reviewing "Lost in Translation" as he and his Queen eagerly await the arrival of their first mini yeti.

Mikey's journal - As promised, Hamumu has added something new and interesting to their website. See what strange ideas are floating around in my hubby's head and give him some feedback. He likes that.

Amy's Page - Amy is resigning as an adult after hearing herself saying all the things that adults used to say to her. She also has a link to a geek heirarchy that made me laugh. Furry loving, fanfic writing, startrek fans indeed.

In Passing - Only two new entries to my favorite evesdropping site, but both are worth reading. "I don't even eat cow, but ew!"

Sugarmama - Seems that geeks are a popular topic this week. Sugar has a list of common geek traits, along with a post complaining that her size 2 pants are too big for her. Poor baby.

Moody Mama - This week Mama is ranting about odd jobs. Go back to last week for pics of her adorable new baby boy.

Dragonfly Baby - Amber has TONS of information about their recent trip to Mexico. I'm lime green with envy.

Because I Say So! - Jodi has realized that we are only interested in the entertainment she provides. Damn. And I was trying to be so sneaky about that.

Confessions of a Grade School Role Model - Karla shares an idea for a Random Act of Kindness aimed at the gay and lesbian couples waiting in line at San Fransisco City Hall.

Wil Wheaton dot Net - Holy Cow. If you don't read anything else, you have to read his "breath of life" post. If only kids could hear those inner monologues all the time. Wil is one of the only bloggers who regularly brings tears to my eyes.

No comments: