Saturday, February 28, 2004

One is the Loveliest Number...

I am no longer a combo class teacher. I bid my fifth graders a fond farewell on Friday. They packed up all their things and moved into their new classroom with their new teacher. Today I cleaned, arranged and generally prepared for the good life that will begin on Monday.

Although I will miss my wonderful fifth grade students and remember them always, I can't describe the feeling of relief that flowed through me when I erased the fifth grade side of the homework grid. Reducing the grid to only ONE list was very representative of the reduction that is happening in my brain. (How many people are willing to brag about brain reduction?) I am once again one whole person, with a whole person's focus and attention. I love it.

No comments: