Monday, February 09, 2004

Warning and Wisdom

I read something over at Moody Mama's that struck me just right. I often wonder if I should be tempering the things that I write to spare reader's feelings. I know that I have family members who read and I know that it would be an easy enough thing for my students and/or their families to find this place. Because of that I know that I am somewhat guarded in what I say, however this is MY PLACE. Since starting this journal I have learned things about myself that I never knew before and I have dealt with things that would have just churned around inside of me. This blog is cheap therapy available whenever I need it. So I know exactly how Mama feels when she says,

"I can't change who I am. I can't change what I write about - I don't want to. And honestly, anyone that knows me wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to read damn near 95% of these posts anyway - but still.

I have written about people that I don't want hurt. If they were to find this, figure out who I am, and take a stroll through the archives - chances are, they are going to recognize themselves as the subject of a moody bitchfest. And while I am not one to talk trash behind someone's back - I do handle things a bit more ... tactfully when I address the issue in real life. My blog is for my inner feelings - no kid gloves."


I couldn't have said it better myself and I hope that any visitors here understand that these words are most often reflections of my feelings and thoughts at the moment that they are written. Often just hitting the "post and publish" button relieves the pressure and stress that led to the thoughts in the first place.

I have said it before, but I guess it always bears repeating. This blog, although it started out as a way to communicate with family that lives far away, has evolved into a way to express the frustrations and angers and fears and joys and monotonous moments that make me who I am. Anyone is more than welcome to read and comment. I thrive on the discussion generated here. However, if reading this blog makes you unhappy, do us both a favor and stay away. Don't put yourself in a position to be hurt by my personal ventings and rages. They are not meant for you anyway. They are meant for me.

No comments: