Friday, June 24, 2005

Country Rambling

There is something about being out of the city that motivates me to do stuff. Rather than sleeping in until 9:30 and then spending the day playing video games and stuffing my face, I have been getting up at 7, doing odds and ends around the house (unpacking, dishes, breaking down boxes, etc), and stuffing my face. All this DESPITE the fact that I started reading The DaVinci Code this morning. Quite interesting. I suspect I will be finished with it before I sleep tonight.

Since my goal this summer is to avoid becoming a fat cow, Mikey and I also went for a bike ride. It is a darn good thing we both have mountain type bikes instead of those wussy city-slicker ones, because the roads around here are mountainy. And sandy. We peddled our little hearts out and then came home to a welcome cold shower. I could get used to this cold shower thing, only I know that once it is no longer the only option I will wimp out.

And to top of the wonderfulness that is my life these days, I got to spend an hour talking with my Daddy. That would have been enough to make my day, but he overflowed my cup by telling me all kinds of good news. You know, the kind of good news that makes you cry with relief and joy. It is almost as though the shadows that have been lurking over my family for the last many years are finally giving up and going away. I am not innocent enough to think it is anything close to permanent, but I've been waiting for this for a long, long time. I can only describe it as...well to be honest, I don't think I can describe it, but it feels damn good.

So here I am, housed and exercised and unpacked and loved and overjoyed, giving thanks to the sun and the wind and the Fates and the LOVE that makes my life so overwhelmingly wonderful. I wish I could share this peace, this complete and utter satisfaction with every single one of you. Make you feel it deep down in your bones, your heart, your soul. The world would be a better place if everyone could feel what I feel today.

No comments: