Thursday, June 16, 2005

I felt the earth move under my feet...

Yep. After 5 years and several misses, I have finally felt my first earthquake. I was sitting in the multi-purpose room at school when I felt the twitching. It was quick, probably only a few seconds of real motion, and it wasn't even that big, kind of like when a big truck drives past the house, but it was fun. I had a small moment of worry when it started getting stronger, but then it was gone. I was internet researching and found this list...

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/117-34_full.html

I am not crazy about the number of times Anza is listed, but I am happy to see most of them are miniscule.

In other news, the last day of school is tomorrow, and we are (as of this moment) still on track for a house closing tomorrow as well. If only our moving helpers weren't all backing out (all for legitamate reasons).

No comments: