Monday, December 16, 2002

About 4 pm on Saturday I started feeling crappy. Sore throat, headache - typical junk. I have learned that if I totally give into a cold immediately...just give up as soon as I feel it coming...then I can stop it before it gets miserable. It's when I try to push it and maintain my usual speed despite the symptoms that I get really knocked on my ass by an illness. So I took it easy Saturday evening and Sunday morning. I was feeling better by yesterday afternoon and spent much of the rest of the day on the phone with various family members. During the middle of the night I woke up feeling like the inside of my nose was on fire (it's really dry in here!) and this morning my sinuses were going crazy. Fortunately, I have a darling of a husband who ordered me back to sleep, brought me breakfast, fluids and Tylenol Sinus. He made a special trip to the drugstore just for me! Even surprised me by renting Ice Age on DVD so I would have something to do as I rested myself back to health. Now after a dose of the meds, a watching of the movie and a couple of naps I am feeling pretty good. I have that "I am just getting out of bed for the first time in two days" feeling but I don't feel sick. Ah, the healing powers of sleep. And the adoring hubby. A very nice combination, if you ask me.

No comments: