Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Isha

I recently learned that Isha means woman in Hebrew. That makes me like the title of my blog even more. As I explained recently in a letter to a loved one...

"When I was a kid, my dad wrote me stories about a little creature called Isha who lived in the rainbow. Each birthday I would get a story about some adventure Isha and I had when I was small. Usually they would tie into some picture of me as a child. (The one where Isha has to free me from an evil trap came with a picture of me about 4 years old with my head stuck in a turtleneck shirt.) I still get an Isha story a year for my birthday. She's kinda like an imaginary friend. I don't know if he knew what Isha meant when he named her, but thinking of her as a kind of future me, a grown-up me to help the present one, is a comforting thought! : )"

Yep, it's nice to think that I have a little guardian angel who knows me even better than I know myself!

No comments: