Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Happy Birthday, Mikey!!

Today the love of my life turns 28. A grown-up, mature age. He is a grown-up, mature person. Someone who you can trust to be responsible, caring, logical and stable. He is careful about money, he remembers to do his chores, and he can do the dishes without breaking things. He is everything you could ask for in a grown-up.

But he is also the kind of someone you can buy video games for. Someone who wakes up at 6:30 am on his birthday because he is so excited. Someone who still has that spark of joy and curiosity that I love so much in the children I work with. He has a fabulous imagination and uses it every day. He likes to be snuggled and hates to do his chores. He has retained many of his endearing childlike qualities.

My Mikey is a wonderful balance of adult and child that keeps our life fun, safe, adventurous, silly, protected and happy. He is the very bestest and I can't imagine life without him. I love you, Mikey. Enjoy your birthday. PBWY.

No comments: