Sunday, December 29, 2002

We worked on our 2003 budget and our New Year's Resolutions. They were more like a series of goals.

"I will save my babysitting money every week to go towards my trip home in late May."
"I will contact each of my siblings by phone at least once a month."
"I will take one class covering something of interest to me (sign language, cooking, sewing, etc)."

There are many. I won't bore you. We also developed a chores/allowance system so that we can have guilt free spending money. However, this means that anything we want to buy or do (games, eating out, movies) will be paid for by allowance money. We are hoping that we will end up actually saving money now that there is a specific fund for that sort of "fun" spending. One of the best things about being married to a game designer...he can make ANYTHING into a game. This actually sounds fun! I hope we manage to keep it going for awhile!

So what are YOUR resolutions/goals? Do you intend to keep them?

No comments: