Friday, April 04, 2003

Here's the Friday Five...

1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life?
Well...i can only guess that i was in about 4 places when i was very young. Then Winterwood, the dorm, the little apartment, Cover Valley, the apartment with the tree, Manasquan, the apartment on the hill, the dorms again briefly, the cave in Poway, the apartment with the sunflowers, and then my little house in Temecula. So all in all...about 15. Some of these places were for very short times or for extended vacations, but since they were the only place I could call home at the time, I counted them.

2. Which was your favorite and why?
Well, my very own house is my favorite, hands down. But the little apartment is a close second. Both for the same reason - they were the first of their kind. That little one room apartment was wonderful. It was my first attempt at living in my own place and I loved it. Plus it was REALLY easy to clean! : )

3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why?
Both. I love the excitement of organizing a new house - all the potential just waiting to be tapped. But I hate the actual packing and carrying and not being able to find things. And the clutter. Ugh. When I moved into my house I swore that I wasn't moving again for at least 5 years. Maybe longer.

4. What's more important, location or price?
I wish I could say location, but since I am living in dry, landlocked Temecula instead of a beach front house in Solana Beach I have to admit that price is the deciding factor for us. Fortunately, we have fallen in love with the location too. The best of both worlds.

5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)?
Since I was very small I have imagined my perfect house having a giant library - like the one in Beauty and the Beast (Disney version). It will also have lots of patios and porches and decks. And since I have gotten older, I have realized that I have to have room for a garden. Apparently I don't hate gardening as much as I thought I did when I was a kid forced to weed and pick beans. Go figure.

No comments: