Saturday, April 05, 2003

Let's wrap this week up...

1. Do you like to sing? Why or why not?
Yes. I love to sing. I like the emotional release of it. Joy, anger, frustration, love, fear, sorrow - all can be let out through the recitation of lyrics. I am often struck with awe when listening to music. Awe at the way someone I never met took my emotions and verbalized them so clearly. Many of the more emotional events in my life are defined by the music I was listening to (and singing along with) at the time.

2. Where do you like to sing? Why?
My shower ROCKS for singing. I also do lots of singing in my car and around the house while cleaning. The other day I sang during lunch (the third grade team is preparing an amusing little skit for an assembly).

3. Do you sing in front of people? Why or why not?
It is VERY rare that I sing in public. I used to sing with the choir, but I was never very good at it, much to my own disappointment. I think (can anyone really judge their own singing voice accurately?) that my singing voice is decent, as long as I'm within my range. The problem is that I have a pathetically small range. The only person I sing in front of comfortably is Mikey.

4. What's your favorite song to sing along with? Why?
I enjoy singing along with the Indigo Girls. At least ONE of them is usually in my range. I particularly like the Swamp Ophelia album.

5. What song is your guilty singing pleasure? Why?
I have two. First, the Buffy Musical soundtrack. This was fun to watch and is even more fun to sing along with. Second, Tenatious D - Jack Black's band. A foulmouthed, trashy, vulgar album that is quite funny. I like to play them both loudly in my own house, but I wouldn't necessarily play either (well, okay, may the Buffy one) in mixed company.

No comments: