Tuesday, April 15, 2003

This weeks This or That questions...

1. File taxes as early as possible, or wait until the last possible minute?
Attempt to file as early as possible but be foiled by incompetent tax guy who not only didn't have the basic Quicken program (we should have just walked out then), but also called the wrong number with questions, put the wrong address on our papers, recorded some information incorrectly and just plain made some other information up. We gave him our forms on Feb 10 and finally got them back, done to our satisfaction, on April 11. Jerk.

2. File electronically, or mail paper forms?
Paper forms.

3. Prepare your own taxes, or have someone do it for you?
see above. Mikey's business stuff makes us leary of doing our own taxes. We really don't want to make a mistake and be audited. However, one more year of the idiocy we dealt with this year and I might think about it.

4. Are you a saver or a spender?
I'm a spender. Mikey is a saver. We balance each other out nicely.

5. Do you prefer to carry cash, or pay with plastic (credit/debit cards), or by check?
We buy just about everything with the card. We can get either Gateway credit or Amazon credit that way. Plus we don't have to worry about having cash on hand.

6. You're broke and desperately need a job, but the only places that are hiring are retail or fast food places. Which would you pick?
Fast food. I thank my lucky stars that I am not stuck with this choice.

7. Keeping track of your money: are you more meticulous or careless about it?
Careless. I either have it or I spent it. That's all I need to know. Which is why I am only allowed to be in charge of my own spending money. Mikey does a nice job keeping track of our household expenses.

8. What do you do if you find yourself with a lot of change weighing down your purse/pocket/wallet? Do you try to spend it to *get rid of it*, or do you put it in a jar or a piggy bank?
It goes in the jar.

9. Which form of fake money do you like better...Monopoly money or those chocolate coins covered with gold foil?
Chocolate coins. Duh.

10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You find a wallet containing $5,000 in cash, as well as several credit cards and the owner's drivers' license. Your rent is due tomorrow and you're short $200. Do you take the money (some or all of it) and mail back the wallet anonymously...or do you return the wallet with all contents intact?
I mail it back intact and find the $200 I need in some way that won't keep me up an night. I would probably include my name and address with the returned wallet in case the owner felt the need to thank me in some way, though. :)

No comments: