Monday, April 14, 2003

I'm staying with the 2 Js for a couple of days while their parents are out of town. This is really not all that hard, especially since they are paying me well. The during the day stuff is really easy...they do a good job of entertaining themselves (once I make it clear that, No, I do NOT want to play flashlight tag AGAIN). The biggest thing during waking hours is making sure they eat something healthy and getting them to and from school at the appropriate times. It's the sleeping hours that get me. I could not get into deep sleep mode last night. I kept dreaming that it was morning and we were getting up late and they weren't going to be on time for school. In between dreams I would wake up in "Alert Mode" for no reason whatsoever. I am not used to sleeping through the night while being responsible for someone. How do you parents do it? I am going to have to nap today so I can to make it through another night like that.

Interesting side-effect of being away from home for the night - everyone and their brother decided to call me. I could be home non-stop for a hundred years and get only telemarketers. I go away for the night and the phone rings all night long!

No comments: