Wednesday, April 02, 2003

This weeks This or That questions (they've moved - update your links)...

1. The Bogey-man or Henry Kissinger? This question makes me feel stupid. I don't get it. Should have paid more attention during history.
2. Whips 'n chains or soft ropes with furbound cuffs? That's for me to know, and you to wonder.
3. Fish sticks or Amazon.com? Eating trashy food while reading classic books? What could be better?
4. Whitewall tires or color TV? I am shamefully neglectful of my car and I spend WAY too much time worshipping the glowing box.
5. Leather or lace? Jeans and a tank top.
6. Abraham Lincoln or leftover turkey? I'm not sure what this one is actually asking about...um...turkey?
7. Movable Type or Star Trek? I am geeky in many ways. I guess I am more computer geek if I had to make a choice.
8. Happy Happy Joy Joy or Bounce Bounce Bounce like Tigger? Happy Happy Joy Joy always reminds me of my brother, who went through a phase when that is basically all he would say. (After that, he used the word "cookie" to describe everything. Don't ask.) Tigger reminds me of my sister who's a Tigger nut.
9. The Michelin Man or the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man? "I tried to think of something safe..."
10. Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: If you HAD to marry one of the talking M&M's in the TV commercials, would it be the red one or the yellow one? Why? The yellow one. He seems very nice. The red one is too high strung for me. It wouldn't last.

UPDATE:

Um...duh. Apparently, I totally fell for an April Fool's joke when I answered the previous questions. Shoulda known. Here's the REAL questions from This or That.

1. Tag or hide & go seek? Hide & go seek. Tag seems so pointless to me. Maybe it was because I usually only had my sister to play with. Although our gang of kids would play "Ghost in the Graveyard" which involved hiding and then avoiding being tagged when you were found. It had to be played in the dark and for some reason it involved running around the house. It was fun.
2. Hopscotch or wiffle-ball? Enh. Neither.
3. Chutes & Ladders or Candyland? Chutes and ladders. Definitely.
4. Chess or checkers? Checkers. Even though I know the moves, chess is WAY too intimidating.
5. Parcheesi or backgammon? Parcheesi. I never learned backgammon.
6. Twister or Yahtzee? YAHTZEE! I love that game! It is sooooo frustrating when it goes badly and soooooo fun when it goes well.
7. Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble? I like them both, but I can't play either worth a darn. Especially with Mikey - my walking dictionary and encyclopedia all rolled into one. (I think he has a photographic memory of sorts.)
8. Monopoly or The Game of Life? Monopoly, but only until all the properties are bought up. I never liked the wheeling and dealing part.
9. Go Fish or Gin Rummy? Go fish. Simple, fun, enjoyable.
10. Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: You have a young child (or just babysit one), who is about 6-7 years old, and you like to play various games with him/her. Do you: let the child win sometimes to help improve his/her self-esteem, or play normally, in order to teach the child that we can't always win in life? I actually play with an 8 year old and I have to think about this alot. When he's playing fairly and really trying, I go easy on him. When he is whining and cheating, I kick his butt. He knows it too, so he tries to play his best with me.

No comments: