Saturday, April 12, 2003

UPDATE: I have created a page on which to keep my updated guest list for the Gathering.

Gathering the Greats

The Idea: I wish I could throw a party, inviting the most intelligent, talented, questioning or just plain interesting minds together. Just think of the discussions that could be had, the ideas that could be developed, the learning that could be done. All in an informal, relaxed, friendly atmosphere, of course.

The Location: My backyard

The Menu: I'll provide the potato salad and the Sprite. The rest will be potluck style - whatever the guests feel like sharing.

The Guest List (in no particular order and eternally under construction):
*Mahatma Gandhi
*Jesus
*Albert Einstein
*Abraham Lincoln
*Stephen King
*John Lennon
*The guys from Linkin Park
*Shel Silverstein
*Sylvia Ashton Warner
*Richard and Leslie Bach
*all my family members (some of the most INTERESTING people I know!)
*JRR Tolkein
*Sigmund Freud
*Lao Tsu
*Mark Twain
*Thomas Jefferson
*Malcolm X
*Amy and Emily of The Indigo Girls
*Joni Mitchell
*Dr. Suess
*Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
*Matt Groening
*Karl Marx
*Mother Theresa
*Mao Tse-Tung

Who would YOU add?

No comments: