Saturday, April 12, 2003

Here's the Friday Five...

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
I was Bill Staines a couple of times. He is a great performer and storyteller. I have a signed copy of the book based on his "All God's Critters" song. I went to a benefit concert once and saw Willowgreen play. There were lots of others (including my dear friend Dima), but they were the only big names that I knew. We were SO EXCITED to meet them. They were really nice.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
Linkin Park? Evenescence? Matchbox 20? Indigo Girls? Hard to pick one. My tastes are ever evolving.

3. What's your favorite song?
I can't even begin to answer that question. There are just too many songs and too many emotions to narrow it down to just one.

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
Accoustic guitar. I have been very bad about playing my guitar even though I know that I will never learn it if I don't keep practicing. I am going to start taking lessons during the summer.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
John Lennon. I wouldn't know what to say to him, but I would love to have the chance. He had some pretty radical ideas and played some pretty amazing music. I would definitely invite him to my Gathering.

No comments: