Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Against all Odds

Sometimes it feels like I have been set up for failure. I am a brand new teacher with limited knowledge of the standards and pacing of the year, I have next to nothing in the way of supplies, I am teaching 2 full curriculums (curriculi?), and I have a class full of special needs (behavioral, academic, emotional, you name it). No one can be expected to teach in this kind of situation. Yet, here I am.

You know what, though?

I am NOT going to let them force me to fail. I am NOT going to let anyone - district, teacher, student, self - stand between my class and success. These students WILL leave my class better than they came into it, and I WILL reach the end of the year knowing that I have become a better teacher.

(Cue inspirational training montage complete with motivational song...something along the lines of "Eye of the Tiger"...I like that one)

No comments: