Friday, January 28, 2005

Belly news

A couple of things to share regarding my belly...

1. It's been awhile since t'all have seen me, so here's a picture of what I looked like this morning.



Actually, it was Twin Day at school, and I was dressed up like my pal, D, who is 10 weeks away from having her first child. I told her I would make her feel skinny for a day, and boy did I! The funniest part was seeing the looks on the faces of kids and parents who were in my class last year. Jaws were dropping all over the place. A couple of my kids from this year even asked, "Is that real?". All of the blood drained from Mikey's face at the mere thought of me looking like that.

2. My real belly is actually giving me some trouble. There is a spot just above the right end of my insicion that is paining me. When I sneeze it suddenly feels like it did just a few weeks after the surgery. I can't really lean on anything without discomfort. I am going to put myself on "couchrest" for the whole weekend, and if that doesn't make it get better, I will be calling my coordinator on Monday. I suspect that I just overdid something and pulled a muscle, though. What a pain.

No comments: