Monday, January 24, 2005

Emergency!

Last week my kidney model (the one we were using for a bathroom pass) was broken. I don't know how because the little urchin who broke it just put it back where it belongs and has yet to 'fess up. Since this is the second bathroom pass they have lost/broken, I told my class that we would no longer be using the restroom during class time. Of course, I make exceptions for this rule based on the look of urgency in their eyes when they ask, but for the most part, pee breaks have been limited to recess and lunch.

This afternoon, I almost had to break this new rule myself. My remaining kidney seems to be working just fine and it was all I could do to get the last kid out the door before I went racing down the hall to the nearest bathroom. Which is exactly why I will never be able to apply an "Absolutely No Bathroom Breaks During Class Time" rule in my room. You never know when those beans are going to start working overtime!

No comments: