Saturday, January 22, 2005

New Baby

Hehehe. I love typing titles like that, just because of the heartattacks I know it induces in some. I'm mean that way.

Anyway, you can't tell it from where YOU are, but I am typing this post on the newest addition to our humble abode - an adorable little MiniMac. The whole computer takes up about 84 cubic inches on my desk, and it's SO CUTE! So, I am, as of now, a Mac user. From what I have experienced in the last 2 hours, I am quite happy in my new role. The old PC tower is still standing loyally next to my desk, should I change my mind, but I have a feeling it will only be booted up long enough to retrieve a few things before being retired to the Old Computer's Home.

So far, I have played with the calendar, downloaded some pictures and made a slideshow (complete with classy fading from one to the next AND background music), downloaded updates, and set it so the buttons on the bottom inflate when I scroll over them. WHeeee! Not only that, but this posting I'm doing - ALL WIRELESS. WHHHhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeee!

Although this was really a business purchase (Hamumu Software will soon be porting games to Mac), it has been decided that it will also be my home computer, since I have been patiently using business hand-me-downs for a long time. Mikey even bought me a sweet LCD monitor to go with it. This has yet to arrive, but I know it will be great compared to the mammoth thing I am using now.

It's time to tear myself away from the new computer and get some work done around here. I'll let you know about my week it a bit.

No comments: