Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Whoa!

I don't often buy DVDs. Why waste the money when I can get anything I want from NetFlix? Especially since there are very few movies I am interested in seeing more than once. Last night, I watched a movie that immediately went on the Must Own list.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (possible spoilers on this page...don't scroll down if you want to be surprised in any way when you watch) is probably one of the BEST love stories ever written. Not only did I find the interactions realistic in their heat, both loving and angry, but I absolutely adored the ending. It was perfect - perfectly real, if a tiny bit idealistic. And you better believe that I am slapping the awkward, should-have-shaved-yesterday Jim Carry right up in the top of my Hottie List. Yowza! So much better than that rediculous Ace Venture crap he used to do (in looks AND quality). And Charlie Kaufmann doesn't just hand the plot to you in a McDonald's bag. The story is told in a unique, charming way that keeps you thinking, but never leaves you behind. Loverly.

I strongly recommend this movie. I will be watching it again as soon as I can get my mitts on a copy to keep. The best thing about watching this movie was the flood of thoughts/ideas/revelations I had regarding relationships and love. If my computer had been on, I would have posted them...as it is, you will have to wait until I can wrangle them back into something resembling coherence. In the meantime, watch the movie!

PS
Amy,
You friend Elijah is in it too, but I thought his character was totally lame and I hated him. Plus he is sporting a dopey little beard thingy that doesn't add to his appearance in my opinion. But perhaps you feel differently...just thought I would point out his presence!

No comments: