Saturday, April 02, 2005

Beach Bums

We eventually got off our butts yesterday, if only to catch a taxi to the mall. We were told by "B" and "G" that we had to check it out. The main store was much like a SuperWalmart, with clothing, food, household staples, and books. We wandered around some before grabbing a bite at the food court. I finally managed to get some tostadas con frijoles and they were wonderful. Mikey had an itty, bitty gordita - also good.

This morning, we caught the bus to Tecolote again. I was able to relax and enjoy the ride, since I knew where we were going and when we needed to get off (not hard, it's the last stop!). We waited for a few hours to see if there would be enough people for a snorkling tour, but no one showed up. I am quite willing to pay 350 pesos a person, but I draw the line at 700 pesos a person. Instead, we wandered down the beach and snagged a few beach chairs. We spent most of the day reading and gazing at the water, while having food and drinks brought to us. Loverly.

I kept slathering myself with sunscreen all day and managed to avoid burning my face or shoulders. However, I have a bit of warmth on my lower arms and my feet are on FIRE! Oops. Forgot about them. The tricky thing is how the wind just keeps blowing non-stop at Tecolote, so you never get too hot...until it is too late!

We had to fend off 3 different people who wanted us to make reservations to go snorkling tomorrow. Even though we were interested in making the trip, I didn't want to be tied into a schedule. Maybe I won't feel like catching an early bus tomorrow! :) It is our last day, after all, and I suspect we will be spending it in a leisurely fashion.

No comments: