Sunday, April 24, 2005

Everybodies Working ON the Weekend

I woke up early yesterday morning so I could get some more cleaning done. By 10:00, everything was sparkly. We have eliminated most of the clutter (or at least moved it to the garage) and rearranged things to be most "presentable". All my fun things are missing - cds, dvds, sewing stuff, lots of books - but this is only temporary. Of course, nobody came to look yesterday, but perhaps today. It is raining and I wonder if that won't keep people inside.

We took the in-laws out to the new place to see what they thought. They aren't convinced that we really want to be so far from town, but they were very positive about the house. I'm sure they are right that driving 3 minutes to work will get tiresome after awhile, but it is totally worth it to be in a house that is so...perfect. We looked at a couple other places while we were out there. One was not at all what we wanted (poor floorplan, huge pile of rusting junk just off the property line, no garage) and one is very nice, but too pricey for us. It didn't "click" with me the way the other one did either.

Between cleaning and looking at houses I was exhausted when we got home. I ended up sleeping for a couple hours and then wandering around zombie-fashion for the rest of the evening. This morning, my shoulders are still complaining about the good, old-fashioned scrubbing we gave the floors, but the rest of me is ready to go to Home Depot. We need
1. a light fixture to replace an outdoor one that is broken,
2. a new door mat for the back door, and
3. more CLR spray for the shower door.
I may even stop at Ross for a couple fake plants to dress the place up for showing, and and new bathmat for the master bath. Funny how necessity forces me to do things I should have done long ago, but managed to convince myself I didn't need/know how to do.

No comments: