Friday, April 01, 2005

Quiet Day

It is beautiful here and I am really enjoying myself, but I will be very happy to get back to my own bed, my own town, my own kitties, my own kitchen, and my own closet. Window shopping and walking along the bay are great fun...the first 4 days in a row! We only have a couple of days left and we will have fun with them and make many memories, but it will be good to get back on that plane and head home. Especially since there is still a week left before the school calendar resumes its march toward June.

Today we have been quite lazy. We stayed in bed, reading and web-surfing, long after we woke up, and then we went to get breakfast at a little hidey-hole place we found a few days ago. The woman recognized us and even gave us a 10% discount coupon for our next visit! :) We walked several blocks to the Archeological Museum and spent some time trying to translate the signs on each display. I was surprised at how much I was able to guess. My understanding of written Spanish is much better than that of the spoken word. And my understanding is infinitely better than my own attempts at communication! On the way back to the hotel for a potty stop, we got some Aqua de Horchata and Aqua de Limon - both quite refreshing.

We have yet to make it back out into the wilds of town. The cool of the air conditioner and the comfort of the bed were too tempting. Mikey is already napping and I am thinking of joining him soon. I guess we will pick up our adventuring tomorrow, after we have recharged our batteries.

No comments: