Saturday, April 16, 2005

Latest Addiction

I recently discovered the fun and frustration that is Geneforge. Now that I have a Mac, I have been without gaming options. (At least, I WAS, before I set up the old PC again.) I often stopped by Jeff's site to read the stories about his daughter, but it was only a couple weeks ago that I looked into his games. I downloaded the demo for Geneforge 2 and I have been hooked ever since. I am no good at all when it comes to playing RPG type games, but I have managed to complete many quests and even win some battles. My strategy involves compulsively saving every few seconds (dying isn't quite so frustrating when you only have to redo one thing) and spending a lot of time running back to town for healing. There are lots of places to explore and tons of quests to work on. I have been playing for days and I'm only on the demo. I am a little worried that the demo will run out and I will be suffer from withdrawal symptoms as I wait for the actual thing to arrive.

No comments: