Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Randomness

My brain is whirling with stuff. Rather than allow it to affect my sleep another night, it is time to empty the vessel.

* Humans are social creatures who develop intricate relationships and complex societies. Why, then, does each individual still feel the need to function in a bubble? I see every day, in my friends, my family, stories I have read, and in my own interactions, that the times when we most need others are the times that we hide most diligently from them.

* My garden not only survived my absence, it apparently thrived on it. The beans and corn are each 2 inches tall, the sunflowers are coming up, and the tomatoes and peppers are still doing their thing. I have yet to see evidence of the carrots or onions. It could be that they take longer, or it could be that I was only peeking out the window. I will look closer after I shower.

* It is possible that I will begin biking to work again. The most convincing argument against? I would have to get up earlier. I hate that even though I know how good it is for me.

* The kitties missed us. Zazzy is sitting on my lap right now. Huzzah spent several hours on Mikey's lap after our return and slept between our heads. Bonsai spent much of the night lying on my chest, purring and snuzzling my face. It is good to be so loved.

* Balance is what it's all about. More on this someday.

* I sent my brother an e-mail some days ago, after hearing some distressing rumors. I have yet to receive a reply. I am torn between wanting to do more, more, more...and being totally fed up with the addiction and selfishness that seems so prevalent in my family, in society. While the largest part of me wracks my brain for answers and solutions, a tiny exhausted part of me wants to slam the door and unplug the phone to avoid the questions in the first place.

* The least pleasant part of a vacation trip? The morning after your return. There are bags to unpack, phone calls to return, chores to be done, and all you really want is to sit and enjoy the space that is your own.

* Several months ago, I wrote something for the Readers Write section of the sun. The issue in which it would have appeared arrived while I was in Mexico. As it didn't appear there, I will share it here. My intention is to submit something for each topic from now on. Of course, if I write something for the next deadline, it won't appear for several months. In the meantime, I will write here on the topics presented there. Perhaps.

No comments: