Monday, April 25, 2005

Things on my Mind: Episode Two: Attack of the Morons

To the driver of that SUV:

I am so sorry that you had to drive that extra block to get to the actual parking lot this morning. I'm sure that there are some teachers who are sufficiently intimidated by your irate faces and rude gestures as to allow you to park in the bus loop "all the time", but I am not one of them. I hope that tomorrow morning, when I am once again using my body to block cars from going where they don't belong (because the concept of keeping students safe isn't enough), you will see me and think twice about driving around me and past the busses from which young children are disembarking. If you do choose to ignore this safety rule again, please be so kind as to use a reasonable driving speed when you storm off. It would be mighty embarrassing for you if you proved my point by running over some innocent 1st grader in your outrage.

No comments: