Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I keep my promises

I promised you pictures of the house. Here they are:


It doesn't look like much from the back. The gate is not especially attractive, but it doesn't bother me. Now that we will be out a bit from town, it isn't a bad thing to have some protection. Not to mention that every Joe Shmo who wants to sell me something (carpet cleanings, candy bars or God) will be foiled BEFORE they knock on my door. And check out that big rock!


The house may not look all that fancy from the back, but this is what it is looking out on. Maybe it is just because I spend all my time looking at fences and houses and people and cars and punks on motorscooters, but I think that is a nice looking view. I didn't think it would happen, but I have grown to like this scrubbrush and dirt look. The best part? No lawn to water or mow and no asphalt to take care of. Our driveway would just be a dirt path.


Here is more of what we would see when we look out our front door. If you follow that path, you find yourself on the top of a little hill, looking out onto the great beyond. At least that is what Mikey said. I will have to check it out on Wed. It seems like a good place for a gazebo, doesn't it? Also, all that flat land in front of the house is just BEGGING for a pool.


This is the front of the house, complete with Mikey. Not too bad. Once it is dressed up with a porch and possibly that pool, it will look pretty nice.


The first thing we noticed as we walked in was the island in the kitchen. Mikey has a thing for islands. There is tons of storage, all easily accessible, and all the appliances are new. I really like the color of the cabinets - rich, but not snooty. There is plenty of room for us to cook and entertain here. Not that we do much entertaining, but still. That little door in the background leads to the laundry room and the back door. How nice to have the laundry inside AND right next door to the master suite. The master bedroom is connected to the bathroom shown below, a walk in closet, and what they call a "retreat". This would become Mikey's office.


Here's my favorite part of the house. A bathtub big enough to actually soak in. No more cold knees! This bathroom also has the double sinks you can see in the mirror and a nice big shower with a door (shower curtains make me claustrophobic). The bathroom on the other end of the house has a single sink and a tub/shower. Both have skylights that make it very bright and sunny.

The rest of the house includes two spare bedrooms, one that would be a guest room and one that would be the kitty/game room. There is a big living room/dining room area between the two wings of the house, complete with picture windows and a fireplace. You can't really see in the kitchen picture, but there is a breakfast nook type space on the other side. There is ample closet space in every room and ceiling fans in all the important ones. A two-car garage sits just to the right of the house. Beautiful. I can't wait to see it again on Wednesday.

No comments: