Thursday, October 17, 2002

Found a cool blog today...
It's called "In Passing" and it is made up of conversations that the author overheard. There are some very amusing things to be heard if you are evesdropping at the right time and place! For example...

"Every time I do this, I always hope that maybe once, just once, the professor will walk in and announce that we're going to be burning all these midterms in a big bonfire, or something. Instead of taking the exam."
"Uh-huh. What exactly would you say the probability of that happening is? I'm thinking zero."
"Not zero. Slim, but not zero. Actually, it's really infinitely bigger than a zero chance for the midterm bonfire. I mean, it could happen, so there's got to be some chance. I mean, there's a chance of a meteor dropping through the roof here, isn't there?"
"How big a meteor?"

--Two guys sitting behind me in the lecture hall, shortly before a midterm (which didn't wind up being of the bonfire variety.)"


Another amusing example...(so that you won't be able to resist going...)

"I think general stupidity, as opposed to fatal stupidity, is harder to evolutionize out though. So you've got some dim cats, and some bright cats, but no cats that run into walls until they're comatose, or jump out windows into traffic."
"I suppose you're right, evolution's slow. And if we did wind up with a breed of sentient cats, we probably couldn't feed them cat food anymore."
--A girl and a guy walking on Oxford st


And finally...

"And I say 'Stop right there, mambo-man!'"
--A guy talking rather loudly (though somehow without shouting,) on Sproul Plaza

No comments: